Facebook launching camera equipped set-top box: In the age of chrome cast and kindle fire stick Facebook is trying to bring back the traditional system of watching TV by launching the first of its kind, camera-equipped set-top box. Way before when set-top boxes did not exist; the cable network was the one ruling the cable industry.
There were huge loopholes through which the distributors would get substantial pay cuts which they don’t deserve and for that dish tv and set-top boxes came into existence. Facebook launching camera equipped set-top box After that evolution of technology bought a massive change in this system which is the chrome cast and fire sticks.
Facebook launching camera equipped the set-top box
They are just USB devices which help to connect your TV set with the internet through Bluetooth or wifi and then you have unlimited access to unlimited content which means you have complete freedom.
But then the Android TVs or smart TVs came which also eliminated the use of those devices because now you can install apps directly from Google Play store and can thus enjoy.
- Facebook launching camera equipped set-top box So smart TVs are perfect but then why Facebook has launched something like that which is old-fashioned? For that, we need to do an in-depth analysis of the Facebook set-top box.
- As the title suggests, this will be the first of kind set top box which equipped with a camera and which means you can surely do video calling effortlessly.
- The device would be artificially intelligent which means it can track and follow people during the video call, those moving during the video session.
- The name of the device as reported by sources would be “Ripley,” and it’s just an internal code name. Experts are saying that it would give a fierce competition in the television segment to Amazon, Apple or Google.
- However, nothing much has been revealed yet about the device, but it will be at your doorsteps shortly. Facebook is focusing more and more on hardware-based devices.
- The list includes “Portal’ along with the Ripley. Facebook launching camera equipped set-top box Portal is a video chat device which follows people based on user movements, and also it reduces background noise in the artificially intelligent way.
- The price of the portal is $199 which will get shipped throughout November and thereupon we can get to know more about the feature which will also be incorporated in the set-top box “ripely”made by Facebook.
Follow wikiweb.co.in to get more updated news and Latest mobile reviews. also get APK and MOD APK APPS which are not available in Google Play store.